Day Thirty-nine: February 8 – Today’s Tasting – Exodus 22:16-24:18: Scattered throughout the Lord advising on social responsibilities we find these request of Israel:
- Anyone who sacrifices to any god other than the LORD must be destroyed
- You must not call on the name of any other gods
- Each year celebrate three festivals in my honor
- You must not worship the gods of these nations or serve them in any way or imitate their practices
- Destroy and smash their sacred pillars
- You must serve only the Lord your God
- If you serve their gods, you will be caught in the trap of idolatry
Moses built an altar at the foot of the mountain, where the LORD spoke to him. He splattered the blood, from the sacrifice, against the altar and over the people, as the people agreed to every request of the LORD. The blood confirmed the covenant the LORD made with the people.
Today’s Nourishment: In the midst of explaining social responsibilities, the Lord speaks seriously about our worship of Him and not serving other gods. If we love and worship the Lord, we will love and honor people. Our social skills and development stem from our loving the Lord.
Loving the Lord first, helps develop all other areas of our lives to make us whole and live in wellness. What relationships need your attention? What relationship needs restoration? What relationship needs love and honor? Only you may judge. Judge your relationships to determine if you need to make some adjustments of your love toward the Lord and toward someone.
What is your social IQ?
Tomorrow’s Reading: Exodus 25-28
Leave a Reply