The Following Quote Often Resurfaces in My Thoughts:
“To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.”
~ Martin Luther
Benefits of Ten Timeless Truths for Powerful Prayer:
- Connecting with your Heavenly Father in an intimate relationship
- Asking for, trusting in, and waiting on our Heavenly Father
- Hearing His still small voice
- Mixing His Word with our faith
- Celebrating in worship
- Delighting in and seeking our Heavenly Father
- Calling on the Lord
- Building up your spirit in faith, love, and power
- Using God’s methods and weapons against Satan
- Honoring God and others and surrendering self to His Spirit’s work in and through us
The Third Timeless Truth for Powerful Prayer:
We inherit the ability to pray and hear His still small voice. How are you hearing His voice?
The voice was firm, but quietly as the teacher spoke, “Class, be quiet.” My first grade teacher captured the attention of more that twenty students who laughed and talked with a faint tap on the desk and a small voice. This powerful way caused a quiet hush to settle over the class. She continued to teach and control us with that still small voice. One by one we stepped to her desk for instructions in our math assignment.
I loved that teacher, who later became my aunt by marriage. I found out that she doesn’t always speak in that still small voice, which was her way of causing us to listen for her. So, listen for Him, Jesus is always speaking to us in some form that affects us in a powerful way.
Scripture Encourages Hearing the Father’s voice to dialogue with Him
Such Examples are as follows:
- “Jesus answered …‘My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me’” (John 10:29).
- “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches” (Revelation 2:11 ESV).
- “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ” (Romans 10:17 ESV).
As we hear His voice, we hear our Heavenly Father. Jesus Christ, the Son of God said He came to display an image of our Father in heaven. Since Jesus lives inside us by His Spirit, we hold the same opportunity and privilege to display our heavenly Father to others by the way we live. Our relationship and communication with our Heavenly Father is critical, in order to know Him and hear His voice.
Experience Powerful Ways to Hear His Voice through the following Ways:
- Reading the Word of God
- Hearing the “still small voice” speaking within
- Dreams and visions
- Unctions to speak
- Impressions (a knowing inside ourselves)
- Peace and comfort when we make the right decision
- Desires of our heart—a burning passion
- Leaders and people of authority
I have heard His voice in all the ways listed above. Possibly, you have also. It takes keeping company with Christ and a hearing spiritual ear to afford one to hear the Lord speak.
Try this exercise to Hear His Voice
- Sit to hear Him speak in one of the ways mentioned above.
- Journal the words you hear.
- Share the words you feel comfortable sharing in the comment section below