Day Twenty-eight: January 28 – Today’s Tasting: Job 32-34: Job’s friends heard enough—they refused to respond to Job’s consistent plea of innocence. A young man retorted Job and his three older friends conversations, “my youth kept me from telling you what I think, but I must speak to find relief.”
- There is a spirit within people, the breath of the Almighty within them that makes them intelligent
- For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life
- If God were to take back his spirit and withdraw his breath, all life would cease, and humanity would turn again to dust
The young man continues:
- God speaks again and again, though people do not recognize it
- God does things again and again for people
Today’s Nourishment: Are you rested? Breath means “to rest, to settle.” The Spirit of God wants to rest Himself into every aspect of our lives. He permeates life to our minds, our bodies, and our spirits. If He withdraws His breath, life ceases.
For our life situations:
- Our health – physical, emotional, and spiritual;
- our relationships – marriages, families, and friends
- Our provision – food and shelter
- Our learning – at work, in class, and everyday life
- Our understanding and comprehension – spiritual things and natural things
We ask that you breathe, rest today, in all of these situations around us. Without you, Lord, permeating life, we gain nothing. Rest on us and in us today.
How are you rested by His breath?
Tomorrow’s Reading: Job 35-37