He speaks in various ways:
- His Word: Mandate to Joshua – study this Book of Instruction continually, meditate on it day and night so you will know what it says to obey it
- Inner Voice: Joshua had to hear the voice of God to understand His plan
- Through others: Moses spoke to Joshua the words, which the Lord spoke to him
- Through circumstances: Israel needed a new leader, following Moses death
Today’s Tasting: Deuteronomy 33-34/Joshua 1-2: Moses blessed Israel preceding his death and passed the torch to Joshua, as their new leader. Moses spoke to Joshua, “Be strong and courageous.” After Moses death, the Lord spoke to Joshua:
- Be strong and courageous
- Be strong and very courageous
- Study this Book of Instruction continually
- Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey
- Be strong and courageous!
Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” The Lord imparted this message to Moses. Moses imparted the message to Joshua. Joshua turns to Israel and imparted some of the message that he received from Moses. The message traveled from Moses to Joshua to Israel. “Be strong and courageous!”
The Lord continues speaking to us today. Will this take courage to hear Him speak? You may not be used to hearing Him. Let go of any fear of what He might say. He speaks positive words affirming His plan
and His life in you:
- His Word: His Word is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword…
- Inner Voice: He speaks on the inside, in a still small voice. Sit still to hear.
- Through others: listen to others, the Lord may use just one sentence to speak to you
- Through circumstances: pay attention to what happens around you
The Lord speaks to us constantly. How is He speaking to you today?
Tomorrow’s Reading: Joshua 3-6