In Today’s Transforming Truths, we will experience our Transforming God, and how spending time with Jesus shows us the wonders of our Father.
Truths: He transforms the Earth and All that is in It—Including Us—Into New Creations
- God the Father transformed the void from emptiness to beauty, from darkness to light, from chaos to order.
- God the Son transformed brokenness to wholeness, sickness to health, defeat to victory, blindness to vision, ashes to beauty, and death to life.
- God the Spirit transformed lifelessness into living souls by His breath, hearts of stone to hearts of flesh, sinners to saints, loneliness to companionship, isolation to adoption, shame to praise, weakness to strength, sadness to happiness, worry to prayers, anxiety to peace (wholeness), fear to rest, hate to love, distress to joy, despair to hope, lies to truth, and unbelief to a living faith.
“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth . . . then God said, ‘Let us make man in our image, after our likeness . . . male and female he created them.” —Genesis 1
Truths: He Transforms and Calls us out of Darkness into His great Light
“You may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”—1 Peter 2:9
Truths: He Transformed and Continues to Transform Me
My life was in chaos from growing up in a dysfunctional family. Yet, my Mom showed me Jesus. As young child, I had a heart for God, but as a young adult, I accepted that I needed a Savior and Lord to change me, my heart, and my mindset.
Jesus has transformed me and continues to transform me through the power of His Spirit as I set intentional time with Him in these ways:
Spending Time with Jesus: How to Make It Intentional
- For a few minutes each morning, I set my spiritual eyes on Him and choose a day’s focus to think on throughout the day.
- For a few minutes each morning, I seek Christ through His Word as I read a segment of scripture and ask the Holy Spirit to make words alive to me. As He makes words alive, I ask Him, “How are these words specific for me, and how may I live these words?”
- Throughout the day, I set my spiritual eyes to intentionally focus and pray to reconnect with Jesus. I take short intentional breaks to focus and pray that day’s focus to honor God, honor others, and surrender self.
- Then, in the evening or at bedtime, I reflect on the day’s focus and set my spiritual eyes to stay connected with Jesus.
- I choose to let go of any grudges toward others before going to bed, in order to sleep soundly and peacefully.
He Transforms You
What in your life needs transforming from darkness to His light?
- Your darkness of the mindset of negativity and criticizing
- Your darkness of circumstances that weigh on you
- Your darkness of attitudes of holding grudges
- Your darkness of choices that set you back
He will transform such darkness to a whole new way of living in His light. Surrender to Jesus and “see the Light.”
Transforming Prayer: I pray that I will turn from living in the darkness of thinking in old patterns and old ways to turn to Your marvelous light, to redesign thought patterns, and to change my living and behaviors. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!