Today’s Tasting-Ezekiel 25-27: Jeremiah continues to prophecy in Jerusalem while Ezekiel’s prophecies to his fellow captives in Babylon pronounce the destiny of ruin for Judah’s oppressors: Ammon, Moab and Seir, and Tyre. They had cheered when the Sanctuary of God was desecrated and the people of Israel were taken into exile.
“I’m giving you over…You’ll realize that I am God…I’ll lay wide open the flank…And they’ll realize that I am God” (Ezekiel 25:7, 11. 17 MSG).
At the conclusion of announcing Tyre’s destiny, a capital city with major trading systems, Ezekiel declared, “They’ll realize that I am God” (Ezekiel 26:6 MSG).
God plans to set Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, over Tyre. He and his army battered and martyred God’s people. They seized God’s people by breaking down walls, destroying home, and looting their riches. The sounds of music and singing ceased while the city was laid waste.
The once satisfying city of Tyre with wealth and merchandise, now dissatisfied and repulsed the people and kings of the earth. This lament (similar to a eulogy) was pronounced over the destiny of Tyre and all that was lost.
Today’s Nourishment: The Lord spoke destiny over you from His Word. God’s judgment for us poured out on His Son. All that occurred at the cross of Jesus Christ for us to realize that He is God and that we may accept Him as our God and our Heavenly Father. Review and repeat aloud your destiny:
- In Christ, I realize my God because of Jesus Christ
- In Christ, I am not an orphan, but a child of God
- In Christ, the old has passed and I have become a new person
- In Christ, I was chosen before the foundation of the world
- In Christ, I am more than a conqueror
- In Christ, I am made whole (peace for body, soul, and spirit)
- In Christ, I was established to know His love and love others
- In Christ, I have a new start with a new life
Name and comment the “In Christ” statement that nourishes and speaks to you for this day in your life:
Tomorrow’s Delight: Ezekiel 28-30
Carolyn Marlowe, CCLC
Gigi to six adorable grandchildren