Today we talk about my 2021 word of the year!
My One Word for 2021 is Words. Yes, W-O-R-D-S. A survey showed women speak 16,000 plus words per day, while men speak 16,000 minus per day. How do words affect us?
Words—so innocent and powerful as they are, standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become, in the hands of one who knows how to combine them! —Nathaniel Hawthorne
I love words. Combining letters and words for a Scrabble Game. The Word of the Day. The Word of God. Word studies. Word origins. Word Scramble Game is downloaded to my I-Pad to play while traveling. My husband and I watch Wheel of Fortune regularly to guess the Words.
Words run throughout our minds all day. Words are potent enough to shape our thinking. Words help shape our days. Words send us on conversational journeys with others. Words send us on quests as we read them. Words carry emotions and feelings and attitudes.
What would we do without words? They shape our thoughts, our ways, and our lives, affecting every part of our lives. Let’s look at ways words affect us:
- The right combination of words helps us win word games. My daughter, Brooke, and I play Scrabble often. If we don’t finish, we have been known to keep a running game of Scrabble until we get together again to play until all the tiles are used. We have also ended with scores only one point apart.
- People who can’t speak words, may learn to sign words.
- Words hold and release power. Attitudes behind our words or words made with gestures express our emotions underneath spoken words. Words activate conversations and keep conversations pleasant.
- Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
- Words, like sound and light, keep traveling for eternity.
- Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (—Matthew 24:35)
- Words have potential to help change us when we hear them.
- Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”—John 8:47
- Part of prayer is words of asking of the Lord.
- John 15:7: “If you abide in my words and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will and it shall be done.”
- One universal word, hallelujah, meaning, Praise the Lord amazes me! No matter what the language you speak, everyone in every nation around the world may say, Praise the Lord, by speaking only one word! And everyone knows the word, hallelujah!
- After this I heard what seemed to be the loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, crying out, “Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God. (—Revelation 19:1)
You may not be a Scrabble buff, but each of us may use our words wisely. We may use the Word of God as the way to renew our thinking patterns, which will transform the ways we live.
Whether playing games with words, carrying on conversations with words, changing your world with words, or abiding in God’s Word, He may give you One Word, if you ask! I encourage you to ask the Lord for a word for your 2021. You may find it pleasantly surprising when you see a word in your mind or hear a word in your heart (spirit) or a word keeps resonating in your thoughts.
When you hear this word/words, would you visit our FaceBook Group: Living In His Radiance Community @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/surgebiblestudygroup to share your word with us?
- Words from the Bible affect us in various ways: First, spiritually:
- Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. (—Psalm 119:105)
- Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it. (—Revelation 1:3 ESV)
Let’s renew our minds with W-O-R-D-S from God’s Word, which illuminates Jesus. In our upcoming episodes, we are sharing a Devotional-Bible Study. We will resurge in ways to still live in His Spirit as we hear and speak words from Jesus.
Are you living and walking in His Spirit’s power as the early disciples did in their unrest of the A.D. 30 Decade?
We entered our 2020 Decade, and it is nothing like our expectations imagined with all the unrest and uncertainties. The good news, Jesus ignited His Church with His Spirit in A.D. 30 and continues to surge and resurge us, the Church, today! I want to share an Invite with you to a devotional study called, Resurgence: Still Living in His Spirit – A study of the Acts of the Apostles.
Find yourselves in similar stories of the disciples to make preparations to resurge in the same Spirit’s power. Let’s study The Acts of the Apostles to look at ways for still living in His Spirit today, tomorrow, and the days ahead as we hear words Jesus speaks to us.
Visit https://carolynmarlowe.com/ to access Resurgence Downloadable Worksheets prior to our next episode. There is a suggested donation to access the course. You may follow along with us in our Devotional-Bible Study here at our Podcast, and fill in during our study through Acts. The Devotional Bible Study will run through S1-E25. Start reading through Acts and marking key words as described in the Resurgence Acts Worksheet. Get ready for a Resurgence (increasing or reviving after a period of little activity or rising again) as we listen to Resurgence: Still Living by His Spirit Intro in our next episode.
Lord, help us turn to your Word for help in using our words. Help us combine our words to speak good of others and to others. I pray we speak with wisdom, with kindness, encouragement to others, and speak words to illuminate Jesus for helping us live In His Radiance! May the Lord bless you and cause His Light and countenance and favor to shine within and upon you!
Join us regularly for In His Radiance – Devotionals to Surge Your EN’ERGY in Christ @ www.carolynmarlowe.com/podcast.