Today we are going to introduce you to the In His Radiance podcast. You will hear devotionals on how to surge your EN’ERGY in Christ to Live In His Radiance.
Welcome from the Carolyn Marlowe Ministries team, we wish you a Joyful New Year! A Joyful 2021! Someone recently said, “This has been the shortest and longest year of my life.” I would agree.
Yet, we have decided to make the most of our situations in this world of unrest and uncertainty! So, CMM is moving forward to continue sharing the Light and Life of Christ with you and the world. And that includes this podcast: In His Radiance – Devotionals to Surge Your EN’ERGY in Christ. Today, I want to share with you, “What is the Podcast About and What Can You, as a Listener, Expect?”
Does your spiritual EN’ERGY to read the Bible and devotionals ebb and flow or does the EN’ERGY of the Light and Life of Christ need to brighten and glow?
Either way, if you’re like me, you may need a spiritual EN’ERGY surge (a sudden powerful forward) in Christ on a regular basis! We are here to help with an ebb and flow for reading the Bible and expounding on it, so our lives will glow with the Light and Life of Christ. We will share approximately 15-minute devotionals to move you forward and increase camaraderie with Jesus. So, you may glow with the Light and Life of His love, joy, peace, and truth.
I have noticed the glow of Christ’s Light lessens when my fellowship with Jesus diminishes. Fellowship, not relationship. There is a difference in relationship and fellowship or camaraderie. I am blood related to my six siblings. Yet, our camaraderie [trust and friendship among us when we spend a lot of time together] may increase or decrease.
Is your camaraderie (fellowship) with Jesus increasing or decreasing? We are here to help increase camaraderie with Jesus. I noticed three ways to increase camaraderie with Jesus in Romans 12:1-2. When I put these three ways into action, my camaraderie/fellowship with Jesus increased and grew deeper.
ESV: I appeal to you therefore, brothers [and sisters], by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. . . . (Romans 12:1-2)
NLT: Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think (renewal of your mind.) Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. (Romans 12:1-2)
Let’s look at how I practice camaraderie with Jesus.
Worship. Transform. Know.
1) Worship to offer or give your body as a sacrifice to God. Did you think offering sacrifices is an Old Testament ritual only and doesn’t belong anywhere in the New Testament or in our lives today? Offering our bodies to the Lord as a living sacrifice is an act of worship that He accepts today. No physical death as a sacrifice is necessary any longer—Jesus was the living physical sacrifice. We are alive but may die to selfish ways and desires, in order to live and worship the Lord.
When I find myself starting to sink into depression, sparking a bad attitude or growing with resentment, I realize, my worship is lessening. So, I tell myself, it’s time to worship!
- I find worship and praise music and pause to worship my God.
- I offer myself to Jesus and ask to receive His love.
- I offer praise to my God. It may be a sacrifice of praise occasionally, but I praise Him.
- I return to His Word and read or quote scripture to see Jesus and remind me of His promises and who He is in my life.
- I remember from where I came and to the place, He has brought me.
He is God and there is no other god like Him! He keeps His covenant of love with us. Worship God!
Have you ever offered your body as an act of worship to the Lord?
2) Transform EN’ERGY [urge within] to power. The work of transformers transfers EN’ERGY to power. EN’ERGY cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred. Offering our bodies to the Lord as worship and renewing our minds with scripture release the transformative power of Christ to do His work in us. God’s Spirit transfers EN’ERGY into power to change our ways.
How does the transformation occur? We have a part in changing the way we think. With In His Radiance Devotionals, we share ways to help you renew your mind. But God is the only one who can transform your life.
- Transformation starts with worship.
- Transform to renew the way you think.
- Transform by putting away vain imaginations or ungodly thinking.
- Transform by reading and studying His Word.
- Transform as the Word illuminates Jesus and helps you see Him as the way to live.
The most effective way to transform is to allow Jesus to shine His Light on areas where you need to repent (change your thinking; change your direction).
Do you like overhead direct lighting or tabletop lighting? I love the ambiance of tabletop or lamp lighting. Triangular (3 parts) lighting is the most effective lighting in a space! Allow the most effective Light to shine: God is Triune: He is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is One God who can shine His most effective Light from all directions to transform us.
Is the Light of Christ effective in you to renew your mind regularly and to transform your ways? Worship and Transform to renew your mind as His Spirit transfers EN’ERGY into power, in order that you and I may live and do the works of Jesus. Worship God and Transform.
3) Know God’s perfect will as His Spirit empowers you. The result of worship and transformation—you will know God’s will for your life: Are you living in God’s will?
You may wonder, “Carolyn, do you have it all together in all these areas?” I respond with a resounding, “NO!” There was a time in my life when I didn’t know how to study the Bible or didn’t know where to start reading. God used those hunger pains to prompt me to dig into the Bible on my own. I started in Genesis where I learned to worship and renew my mind to surge a transformation to live the Christ’s life and do His works. Our online ministries, including this podcast, represent part of those works.
We read in the Gospels concerning Jesus that, “as He was praying, the fashion of His countenance was altered.” Worship evidently did something for Jesus. —Albert W. Palmer
And worship will do something for us. As we worship Jesus and renew our minds, He sets up transformers to change the way we think and live. That new way of thinking helps us know God’s will. You don’t have to search for God’s will. You will Know it as you offer yourself to Him as part of your worship. Ways of thinking and living will transform you to know His perfect will for your life!
These are ways I increase camaraderie with the Lord: I Worship🡪Transform🡪Know. What about you, my friend? Have you noticed the glow of Christ’s Light lessening because perhaps fellowship with Jesus has diminished? Fellowship, not relationship. Remember there is a difference in relationship and camaraderie. You are related to God by Jesus’ blood. That’s why “There is power in blood.” I am blood related to my six siblings. Yet, camaraderie may increase or decrease.
Is your camaraderie (fellowship) with Jesus increasing or decreasing? When you find yourself sinking into depression, sparking a bad attitude, growing with resentment, or other signs that camaraderie is out of kilter, possibly your worship is lessening. Recognize what is needed:
Tell yourself, it’s time to worship!
- Add worship music to your playlist and pause to worship Jesus.
- Offer yourself to Him and receive the Father’s love.
- Return to His Word and ask the Holy Spirit to show you Jesus as you read.
- Ask the Lord to forgive you for allowing yourself to get to this point.
- The Lord will forgive you and help you transform the ways you think.
- And you will know His plan and purpose as you live daily.
Lord, we offer our bodies as worship (sacrifices) to You! Transform us by transferring Christ’ EN’ERGY to empower our minds and ways. Help us know how to renew our minds as you transform our lives. Thank you for revealing how we 🡪Know and live in your perfect will. In Jesus’ Name, Amen! May the Lord bless you and cause His Light and countenance and favor to shine upon you!
In His Radiance – Devotionals to Surge Your EN’ERGY In Christ is about Loving God, connecting with Him, and living in His purpose. So, you may, as a reader and listener, expect to love God more, connect with Him in deeper ways, and live more alive in his purpose/plan as you:
- Hear devotionals that ignite you to receive the Father’s love.
- Surge with a powerful forward in Christ in your personal growth.
- Live In His Radiance and release His love to others.
Hear, Surge, and Live In His Radiance – Subscribe to the podcast and join us regularly.