While lots of topics are in Today’s Tasting, I plan to highlight a few that speak to me:
- The Beatitudes
- Disciples and the World
- Personal Relationships
- Concerning Alms and Prayer
- How to Pray
- Concerning Fasting and True Treasure Mammon
- The Cure for Anxiety
- Concerning Judging Others
- Encouragement to Pray
- Ways Contrasted, Fruits Contrasted
Today’s Nourishment: Today’s is my first time to get to blog from the New Testament and I embellish the privilege of knowing that we have the actual words of Jesus written down.
I can easily lose my way. I’m a follower of Christ. I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior when I was in second grade and have followed him continually since then. Sometimes it seems like I should have my stuff all worked out by now. Then, I’m reminded I’m just human; I daily need to lean on Jesus and His words. I thought I would just pull out the words that are speaking to me personally today. (It seems like when I’m going through things in my life, others often are as well…)
- Blessed are the poor in spirit…on my own, I’m totally worthless.
- Blessed are those who mourn…I have been comforted.
- Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven. Trying to share through my writing..
- If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out…Here are some ways to “tear out your eye” not in the literal since:
- If your cable makes you stumble, turn it off
- If your reading list makes you stumble, throw the books away
- If your Netflix makes you stumble, cancel it
- If Cookie Jam, Candy Crush or Pinterest are taking all your time and making you stumble, delete them
- Whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also… I’m so struggling with this verse. My youngest son was in a fight at school recently. He stood up for a girl who had been hit by a bully. The boy then pushed my son and my son hit back. I can understand this verse for myself, but it’s hard for me to understand and teach my children to turn their cheeks. I’ve been praying “God, please teach me, give my understanding through Your Spirit” and what I keep coming back to is God is a good God and he’s got my children! So, even the verses like these that I can’t understand with my mind, I can grasp with my spirit. Turn the other cheek, God’s got it all handled!
- Love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you…this is so hard, I believe even impossible with out God’s Spirit. God help me forgive, help me pray, bless my enemies, bless the one who hurt me, bless the one who cheated me, bless the friend who turned on me, bless the one who neglected me.
- If you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax gatherers do the same? Ouch!
- When you give, when you pray, when you fast… not if, but GIVE, PRAY, and FAST.
- Your Father knows what you need before you ask Him… May I wrap my head around how good God is and what a good Father He is!
- Give us this day, our daily bread… Don’t be caught up in tomorrow’s worries (preaching to myself still – my daughter’s getting married in four weeks and God is constantly reminding me that He loves her more than I do and what He has planned is better than anything I could do or give).
- Do not be anxious for your life… same as above – God’s got this!
- Seek first His kingdom… pray, read and meditate on God’s word, praise Him, serve others… if you fill your mind with the things of God, you don’t have time for all the above worrying.
Ladies, let us seek Him FIRST!
Which area did the Holy Spirit conviction?
Share with us here.
Tomorrow’s Delight: Matthew 9; Luke 7
Mama to Seven+