Day Fifty-four: February 23 – Today’s Tasting – Leviticus 20-22: The Lord frowned on spiritual prostitution:
- Sacrificing children to Molech (god of the Amorites)
- Trusting in mediums
- Trusting in those who consult the spirits of the dead
- Trusting in other gods to satisfy happiness, joy, peace, or a sense of belonging
I am the Lord your God, who has set you apart from all other people…You must be holy because I, the Lord, am holy. I have set you apart from all other people to be my very own.”
Today’s Nourishment: How might we live in spiritual prostitution?
Consulting other means, besides the Lord, to satisfy happiness, joy, peace, or a sense of belonging would qualify as spiritual prostitution – a suggested way to counter consulting other means to bring happiness, joy, peace, or a sense of belonging – surrender all to Jesus and develop a relationship with Him:
- Accept His love for you and reciprocate that love
- Dialogue with Him
- Meditate on His Word
- Change your thinking that changes your speaking that changes your behavior
- Live at peace with the Lord, yourself, and others
We are set apart to live as God’s very own. I think of the song lyrics that say,
I belong to Jesus
I belong to Him
I belong to Jesus
He’s my friend
My daughter and her husband were recently blessed with a beautiful baby girl – our first granddaughter. They have their very own child. We have our very own granddaughter. She belongs to us. We take care of her needs. She lives with total dependence of her caregivers – parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles – family and friends to meet her every need.
How do you live as though you belong to Jesus, God’s very own?
Tomorrow’s Reading: Leviticus 23-25:23
Leave a Reply