Day Thirty-four: February 3 – Today’s Tasting: Exodus 7:14-9: Pharaoh, stubbornly, refused to allow Israel traveling graces outside Egypt to worship their God. Plagues engulfed Egypt, but Israel experienced the Lord’s protection. The plagues included:
- Blood filled the Nile River, even in stored bowls and pots in Egypt
- Frogs covered the whole land. Pharaoh waffled, “I might let you go worship, but refused.”
- Gnats infested the entire land and covered everyone. Pharaoh’s hardness remained.
- Flies made chaos of Egypt’s homes and grounds. God made distinction for Israel’s homes and grounds. Pharaoh decided that Israel could worship, but worship in the land and not leave the area. They refused.
- Livestock died in Egypt but not among the Israelites. Pharaoh noticed the distinction between the groups.
- Boils broke out on every person and animal when Moses tossed soot in the air.
- Hail destroys everything in open fields. This time the Lord sent a strong word to Pharaoh, “You will know that there is no one like me in all the earth. I have spared you for a purpose—to show you my power and to spread my fame throughout the earth.” Pharaoh confessed that he had sinned. I will let you go…but sinned again, remained stubborn not allowing Israel to leave.
Today’s Nourishment: The Lord made distinction between His people and those who did not want to know or worship him. Have you ever thought that He makes distinctions between those who love and live for Him and those who do not love Him? He makes no distinctions within His people, the Lord blesses and adores you!
I think of Psalm 23 – The Lord is MY Shepherd….He watches us and makes distinctions.
Thank you Lord, for your love over me. You love me and take care of me.
How might the Lord make distinctions toward you, how He takes care of you?
Tomorrow’s Reading: Exodus 10-12